So whether you’re road tripping, flying, or cruising this Spring Break -I’ve come up with a few tips for an amazing time!
- Do Create a Music Playlist – and go on and decide who controls the aux cord. Make sure you pack that portable speaker.
- Do bring sunscreen – yes, black people too!
- Do bring extra swimsuits -I didn’t know I had to say this, but have more than one. Don’t get caught at the beach party with the bikini from the pool party.
- Don’t be stupid in water. If you can’t swim, stay by the shore -cause ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Do protect your location on social media sites. Enough said, people are weird bro and will show up where you “invited” them. Besides, enjoy your trip -you ain’t gotta update every day.
- Do create a code word. To let your crew know when you are uncomfortable and need them to intervene.
- Do arrive together and leave together. Establish a place to meet in advance if you get separated.
- Do practice safe drinking. Ya’ll know the old saying -never leave your drink unattended. If you lose sight of it, just order a new one. Don’t accept drinks from people you don’t know or trust. Always drink water throughout the day and eat at regularly scheduled times; do not drink all day on an empty stomach in the hot sun -you’ll be dehydrated and end up sick.
- Don’t stay on the first floor. They are bigger targets for thieves. If you bring your laptop, keep it in a hotel safe.
- Do consider alternative spring break activities. Many organizations offer alternative spring break options, including networking retreats and community service trips.