What an opening weekend of this 2018 NBA playoffs! Excitement, upsets, and hard-fought games. I live for this time of the year, something about the NBA playoffs arriving brings a smile to my heart. Winter is over and the long 82 game NBA season is over and the games will really mean something now. Let me recap this weekend if games.
- I’ll start with the opening day: Saturday, the Toronto Raptors vs Washington Wizards started the playoffs, and the Raptors ending up winning 114-106.
- The second game was between the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee Bucks. The short-handed Celtics won 113-107.
- The Miami Heat battled the Philadelphia 76ers, and the red-hot 76ers easily won 130-103.
- The defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors took on the San Antonio Spurs. The Warriors didn’t have much of a problem as they won 113-92.
- The New Orleans Pelicans shocked the Portland Trail Blazers with a 97-95 beating the Trailblazers in Portland.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Utah Jazz 116-108.
- The team with the best record in this NBA season, the Houston Rockets pulled out a tight win 104-101 vs the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Now to the game I really was watching, the Indiana Pacers vs the Cleveland Cavaliers. This series is my favorite of the year so far because if two reasons. Number one, I grew up in the 1990’s routing for Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers. The Pacers are not necessarily my team since I don’t really follow one team anymore, but when they do good, I always find myself rooting for them. Second, even though I respect LeBron James -he has won the eastern conference championship for seven straight years, and I would love to see another team in the east have a shot at winning the title.
They began their series on Sunday and the Pacers, who have been given no shot to win the series came out and dominated the Cavs, winning 98-90. The Cavs have LeBron James and the Pacers don’t really have a star player, but the team came together and played beautiful basketball.
These two teams play again on Wednesday the 18th, I hope the Pacers can pull out another win, I’d love to see an upset… Would you?