Intensity, excitement, drama, and full throttle action. Few words that describe the first full week of the NBA Playoffs.
What an exciting first week it has been! Surprising wins like the Pacers beating the Cavaliers in game 1. Then some heroic wins like the injury plague Celtics –winning their first two games.
- The New Orleans Pelicans became the first team to win their playoff series this year with a 4-0 sweep over the Portland Trail Blazers.
On Tuesday, April 24, the next two teams won their series.
- The Philadelphia 76ers defeated the Miami Heat, 104-91 to win their series 4-1.
- The Golden State Warriors also won their first-round playoff series 4-1 with their 99-91 victory over the San Antonio Spurs. The remaining series of the first round are, the Houston Rockets are leading the Minnesota Timberwolves 3-1
- The Utah Jazz lead 3-1 over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- The Toronto Raptors are tied with the Washington Wizards 2-2.
- Those short-handed Boston Celtics are leading their series 3-2 over the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Last, the series that had my eyes glued the most, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Indiana Pacers are tied 2-2. The Pacers dominated and stole game 1 in this series. Game 2 saw the Cavs rush out to an early dominate lead. The Pacers battled back but with a wide-open missed three-pointer by Victor Oladipo, the Pacers couldn’t tie it. Game 3 saw a similar take to game 2. The Cavs stormed out to a big lead. This time the Pacers stormed back and won the game. Game 4 again followed the same script. The Cavs started hot taking a big lead; the Pacers battled back but they couldn’t overcome this deficit. Tonight, April 25, will be game 5… Who will win?