It’s weird to talk about, but don’t act like we don’t shamefully use dating apps when there’s a dry spell in your messages. But so what if you really are looking for more. BLK is a new online dating app that is exclusively for black singles who want to make a connection with one another. Think Tinder and Bumble, but with a little more soul.
According to BLK their members can:
• Be a part of a community for single black men and black women
• Send unlimited amount of likes to other members
• Customize who and what they’re looking for
• Personalize a list of profiles to look through every day
• Chat with other members if they’ve liked you back
Dating online can be a lot of fun and a great way to meet people if you do it safely. Some statistics you should remember:
- 10% of sex offenders use dating apps and sites to meet people
- 42% of online dating users aren’t even single
- Reports of rape linked to dating apps and sites have risen by 450% in five years
Before you go meeting people online, please do a background check, tell people where you are going, or you can even have a friend go along with you.
Would you use this app?